Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can a current federal employee ask for more money in a federal civil lawsuit once his case is out of the EEOC?

I won in the Equal Employment Opportunity Comission and had to file a fedral civil lawsuit against Social Security who I work for. My attorney says I can only get what I won in the EEOC, but I thought when you filed in federal court, even if you are a current federal employee, you can get more monetary compensation than what is allowed in the EEOC because it is a civil trail and longer under control of the EEOC, I am right and what is the law or statue? Help!Can a current federal employee ask for more money in a federal civil lawsuit once his case is out of the EEOC?
I think you are right on this but run into problems with it being a federal organizations.. sorry can't help more.

No comments:

Post a Comment